Study of leaders found:
• 46% believe that lack of sleep has little impact on leadership performance.
• 43% say they do not get enough sleep at least four nights a week
• 66% said they were generally dissatisfied with how much sleep they get, & 55% were dissatisfied with the quality of sleep.
• 47% felt that their organizations expect them to be “on” too long and too responsive to emails and phone calls.
• 36% said that their organizations do not allow them to make getting enough sleep a priority.
• 83% said their organizations did not spend enough effort educating leaders about the importance of sleep.
Companies should embed sleep training in a broader approach to wellbeing that takes in other topics, notably exercise, nutrition, mindfulness, and energy management.
They should also amend policies to ensure employees get enough rest.